Workplace Safety Culture OH&S Team Building Programs
Our Workplace Safety Culture (OH&S) Programs deliver a clear message that team members need to do the "right thing" so the workplace is safe.
Outdoor Insights Safety Leadership Workshop
"The Moura mine explosion that resulted in 11 fatalities was the result of widespread and systematic organisational failure. There
are always tell‐tale signs of impending disaster and organisations need
to find ways of gathering this information and reacting to it appropriately"
Andrew Hopkins ‐ Managing Major Hazards: The Lessons of the Moura Mine Disaster
The Outdoor Insights Safety leadership Workshop is a powerful interactive program aimed at equipping today's business and frontline leaders with the tools and expertise to bring about lasting cultural change in the field of workplace safety. Our aim is to provide workplace leaders with the theoretical and practical skills required to lead teams towards a culture of safety excellence, to create positive behavioural changes and to ensure workplace outcomes are predictable, consistent and safe.
The Outdoor Insights Safety Leadership Workshop is a unique program that draws upon nearly two decades of leadership development at some of Australia's most respected businesses.
The program incorporates the following key features:
- Analysis of an individuals mental state and attitude and how these influence safety outcomes and decisions. Participants will be provided with tools to consciously and positively shift mental state so that risk analysis results are both objective and consistent.
- Application of structured problem solving techniques. Specific emphasis is given to use of problem solving techniques as these apply to the formulation of risk reduction strategies.
- Creating an understanding of the difference between perception and observation and how to apply this knowledge to leadership techniques.
- Analysis of the pre‐requisites required to shift behaviours toward a culture of safety excellence. Particular emphasis is given to the progression from a safety culture driven only by compliance to one that is driven by positively entrenched personal beliefs and attitudes.
- Development of techniques for individuals to maximise their potential as group facilitators in leadership situations such as safety toolbox talks, incident analysis workshops and risk assessment workshops.
- Theoretical understandings are enhanced and embedded through the use of practical simulations. Each simulation is designed to maximise opportunities for each participant to implement theoretical techniques whilst providing real‐world practice in the identification of hazards, assessment of risk and implementation of controls within a team environment.
- Each Outdoor Insights Safety Leadership Workshop is tailored to the specific needs of each client. Hazard identification and risk assessment tools used at the workshop are those that are used by the client. Our goal is to get to your frontline leaders to maximise the effectiveness of your safety tools.
Duration and venue
This is a Two Day Program (8am until 4pm), the timing being negotiable with the client. The venue is on site or at a convenient training venue of the Organisation's choice.
Click here to find out how we can design a highly effective OH&S team building program for you!
You can also download our Workplace Safety Development Brochure here.
Looking for a OH&S presentation for your next conference that delivers a powerful message? Click onto "SAFETY LESSONS FROM THE TOP OF THE WORLD!" - a 'case study' of climbing Mt Everest and how the safety lessons apply to the workplace!
Outdoor Insights Pty Ltd
ACN: 051 752 740
Phone: 1800 81 33 51